Since then TFWA Care has sponsored a class of schoolgirls (now Class 7D) at Happy Chandara. Educating girls is of particular importance in Cambodia because mothers are responsible for their children’s education. Educating future mothers is critical to making a lasting impact and to providing improved life and employment prospects for the many impoverished people in the country.
TFWA Care funds have contributed to the schooling of the pupils, including school facilities and educational equipment, uniforms, food and medical supplies, and to the salaries of the local staff.
TFWA Care will continue to support Toutes à l’Ecole through the sponsorship of class 7D and through support for the following projects and initiatives:
- Hiring of additional qualified staff
- Installation of specialized High School classrooms, such as a chemistry lab and computer room
- Expansion of the Medical Social Centre attended by the mothers of the students
- A garden project to educate the students about agro-ecology techniques
- Orthodontic care for class 7D
Project in 2016
In addition to our sponsorship of class 6D, last year TFWA Care enabled the provision of orthodontic treatments for 22 girls at Happy Chandara, helping to counter the effects of a lack of vitamins and poor nutrition among some girls.
Girls students school fun time
Intership at raffles
Ping pong at boarding school
Reading at boarding school
Solidarity and sharing
Video watching at boarding school
Watering plants at permaculture class